Guests have access to the main floor living and dining spaces, the decks and the grounds. They can book a short info walk in the garden with Gayle, and a tour of the aquaponics greenhouse with Jeff or Don. There is a regular aquaponics tour Sundays at 3:00 pm.
Interaction with Guests
We will be here to welcome you. After that...we're typically here working in the garden or greenhouse. If you need us, come and chat. If you don't, enjoy your peace and quiet!
-Our agrarian community, by the beach!
-The birdsongs, the wind in the trees, the salmon in the creek, and the sound of ocean surf.
-Our next door neighbor selling pain au chocolate equal to that found in Paris, every Saturday morning!
-The option of walking across the road for fresh organic eggs for breakfast.
-Picking our dinner from our own organic garden.
-The local berry farmer just down the road, with fresh berries, ice-cream and treats.
-The ocean beaches, lakes, hiking trails, diving opportunities, restaurants, eateries, shops and artisans that intrigue and delight.
-Finding two local coffee roasters, a local brewery and a local kambucha maker in town.
And if you fear coffee deprivation (like Gayle) there are two Starbucks in town!
-The clams, oysters and other seafood readily available as well as the awesome fishing opportunities for salmon, halibut, cod, prawns, etc. - Fish for salmon right off "our" Donkersley Beach, in the early fall.
Bus stop across the road. Paved road access. Walk to beach. Bring your bike for easy access to local beaches and your hiking gear for hiking The Sunshine Coast Trail. There is a grocery/wine/beer store 5 min. south, and another one 5 min. north. We are 15 minutes North of the Earl's Cove-Saltery Bay ferry, and 15 minutes south of the Comox - Powell River ferry. Powell River has an airport. There are water taxis available for travel to local islands.
Other Things to Note
We have plenty of parking if you are hauling a boat.
To Book REMINDER!! THE BED AND BREAKFAST IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
Please go to our CONTACT tab and contact us directly to schedule your bookings. We accept e-money transfers, credit cards, and paypal. Alternately, go to "airbnb" and make arrangements through them. We are listed under Powell River, BC B&Bs.
THE BED & BREAKFAST WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
1. a. Two-bedroom ground level, private entrance suite. Kitchen, living and dining areas, bathroom with large walk in shower, laundry, pellet burning stove, Wi Fi and Cable. Fully furnished. Linens and kitchenware included. Six appliances. Two queen beds, one pull out couch (queen). Can sleep 6. Price averages $200.00 nightly (price depends on number of guests). B&B Guests do not have access to the main house but are welcome to relax on the decks, stroll the grounds or enjoy their private patio.
b. Three bedrooms available for individual or group bookings. One with two double beds and large luxurious bath - $100.00. Two bedrooms with one queen bed each and shared bath - $75.00.
2. Market garden and working aquaponics farm. Short info tour available.
3. Private, picturesque setting with wild life.
4. Woodsy trail to Donkersley Beach (loaded with blackberries in August! Yum)!
5. Convenient to two ferries.
6. Local eateries and Mom & Pop stores a 5 minute drive.
7. World class recreational opportunities.
8. No smoking or pets.
9. If you have diet restrictions, please inform us in advance and we will make every attempt to accomodate.